Mexican casseroles are among our favorite meals for the week. This recipe uses crescent rolls and cheese of your choice. Great made and tasted super simple. I loved the whole ooey-gooey cheese, especially. For a little extra kick, we toped our taco bake with some sour cream, salsa, and jalapeños. The only change I could make next time is to add some black beans and mix the Velveeta into the meat mixture.
This recipe came from a can of higher rolls, which had been hiding for some time. I went to seek inspiration online, and I received some pretty great inspiration right away. This Crescent Roll Taco Bake is an inspiration. A crescent crustacean followed by taco spiced beef, chips, sour cream, and cheese crumbled. Stick the whole thing with salad, tomatoes, and avocados, and you have a good, delicious taco version. I’ve seen many variants of this recipe, and I wanted to go my way somewhat, to combine the two. You will gladly be able to serve the whole family, and we feel there are no complaints about it.
(2) crescent roll tubes
1 lb ground beef or you can use ground turkey
(1) a packet of taco seasoning
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
(1 or 2) diced tomatoes
1/2 small can sliced olives
Sour cream (optional)
sliced avocado (optional)
1. Lay 2 tubes of crescent pastry with thick layers inside.
2. Use any of the leftover crescent rolls to thicken the middle a little.
3. Brown beef and add seasoning to the taco.
4. Lay beef in a circle within crescent rolls laid out.
5. Cover with cheese.
6. Pull and tuck crescent rolls in under meat and cheese.
7. In the center, add cheese, lettuce, tomato, black olives, sour cream, or whatever you want for the tacos.
8. Follow the cooking time on a pack of crescent rolls, once you finish then your ready to go.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.