Hi there! Okay, so last week was my husband’s birthday. I asked him where do you want to eat? He says “Honey, we are in lockdown. We’re not going anywhere.” I replied, “I know. That’s why I’m gonna bring the restaurant here.” We had a good laugh and I thought of this recipe because it was the first food we ate together. Aww! Yeah, this dish will always have a special place in our hearts and stomach! I know that once you tasted this, it will also have one in yours. It’s a blessing to have someone in your life that loves you unconditionally. The best way to appreciate it is to love them back and fill their stomach with good food! Enjoy this recipe. Have a wonderful day!
1 (20oz) container of refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini
1 lb ground beef
1 (24oz) jar of tomato sauce
8 (ounces) cream cheese (cubed)
1-2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup of grated or shredded parmesan
seasoning to taste
1. Cook the pasta for 8-10 minutes or see the directions on the package. Drain water and set aside first.
2. Grease your 9×13-inch baking dish or any size you have at home. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees C.
3. Cook the ground beef into a large skillet until the colour turns brown. Season with salt and pepper. (You can add garlic powder or any flavour you want to)
4. When the ground beef has turned brown, remove the excess grease and pour in the tomato sauce and cream cheese then, stir. Simmer for at least 5 minutes or until sauce is well-mixed.
5. Toss in the cooked tortellini into the sauce. Slowly pour the sauce into your casserole dish and top with the parmesan and shredded mozzarella.
6. Place the casserole dish at the centre of your oven and bake for 20 minutes. (Do not cover the casserole.)
7. Bake for another 2 minutes in a broil or until the cheese is almost brown.
8. Best served with garlic bread or salad! Enjoy!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.