Prep time: 30 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Total time: 40 mins | Yield: 30 COOKIES
Make these easy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies in a breeze without any special equipment. Whip these up in a breeze with only a few simple ingredients. Pack these in cute jars or boxes and give them as gifts. And treat your sweet tooth with these rich and chocolatey crinkle cookies.
½ c. canola oil
1 c. caster sugar
½ c. brown sugar, lightly packed
1 tablespoon vanilla essence OR 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 c. plain flour/all-purpose flour
¾ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ c. icing sugar/powdered sugar
1 tablespoon corn starch/cornflour
How to make Easy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Step 1: Prepare the oven. Preheat it to 170 degrees C or 340 degrees F for fan/convection or if using a standard oven, 180 degrees C or 355 degrees F.
Step 2: Place the oil, sugars, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk well until mixed before sifting over the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Mix well until everything is incorporated and you have a soft dough.
Step 3: Sift the icing sugar and corn starch in another medium bowl to make the coating. Gently stir using a fork to mix.
Step 4: Into a ball, roll a small tbsp of dough. Slightly flatten the ball and drop in the coating. Turn the dough gently to coat each side. To get a nice crinkle effect, don’t dust off the excess coating.
Step 5: Onto the prepared trays, place the coated cookies, making sure to leave about 3cm or 1-inch space between the cookies. Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 9 to 11 minutes until the dough has risen like a crinkle. Remove from the oven when done and let the cookies cool for at least 10 minutes on the tray before transferring them to a wire rack to cool fully.
1. Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 7 days. Make sure to stack the cookies gently so the coating stays intact.
Substitutions & Tips:
1. For this recipe, any type of vegetable or cooking oil will work. Olive oil or other strongly flavoured oils are a big no because they will leave an odd flavour to the cookies.
2. Any white sugar will work in place of caster sugar.
3. Feel free to omit the baking powder and simply use 2 cups of plain flour with 2 cups self-raising flour.
4. I suggest not skipping cornstarch because it makes the coating stay thick and white for better-looking crinkles. But skip it if necessary.
SERVING SIZE: 1 Cookie
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 124 |TOTAL FAT: 4.6g | SATURATED FAT: 0.6g | TRANS FAT: 0g | UNSATURATED FAT: 0.1g | CHOLESTEROL: 18.5mg | SODIUM: 41.3mg | CARBOHYDRATES: 20.1g | FIBER: 1g | SUGAR: 12.4g | PROTEIN: 1.9g
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.