Prep time: 20 min | Cooking: 5 min | Additional” 10 min | Total: 35 min | Servings: 4 | Yield: 4 servings
These fritters are extremely simple to make, low calorie, and the perfect way to sneak in some veggies. This recipe of Zucchini fritters is so delicious that it would be difficult to have only one serving. On the outside, they ‘re so crispy, but inside they ‘re perfectly smooth. It has so many flavor and veggies, and this fritters recipe is great to try to incorporate meals and dinner table into your kid’s. You may have these as an appetizer or side dish, and this is best when served with some grilled chicken or salmon. The best thing is, you can serve and eat them as a snack, an appetizer, or even a light lunch. Try this easy Zucchini Fritters with your family and friends.
1 ½ pound zucchini, grated
1 tsp salt
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
(1) large egg, beaten
(2) cloves garlic, minced
To taste: (1) pinch of kosher salt and ground black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1. In a large colander, toss zucchini and salt, and place in sink to drain for about 10 minutes.
2. Place the zucchini in a piece of cheesecloth; wrap the cheesecloth around zucchini and squeeze it to drain as much moisture as possible.
3. In a large bowl, mix the flour, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, kosher salt, and pepper.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
In the hot skillet, scoop batter by tbsp and fry until golden brown for 2 minutes per side.
1. The only way to prevent soggy inside, and to produce those crispy outsides is to wring out the zucchini’s excess moisture.
2. The veggie fritters or zucchini fritters should be cooked first before freezing. First, let them cool down, then place in an airtight container and freeze for up to a month. Only defrost them and either reheat them in the oven or microwave.
Per Serving: 157 calories; 50.9 mg cholesterol; 792.9 mg sodium; 6.5 g protein; 12.5 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.