Talk about a full packed meal for tonight. This will surely satisfy you to your bones! This is the Eight-Layer Casserole that I’m so proud of. I’ve never thought that I could pull it off! It may seem a lot but it’s not difficult to make. All you need to do is to follow these instructions step by step and you’re good to go! Good luck and have fun!
3 cups dried medium noodles (6 ounces)
1 pound ground beef
2 8 ounces can tomato sauce
1 tsp. dried basil, crushed
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 8 ounces carton dairy sour cream
1 8 ounces package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup chopped onion (1 small)
1 10 ounces package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and well-drained
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
How to make Eight-Layer Casserole
1. Apply cooking spray into a 2-quart casserole or square baking dish.
2. Cook the noodles. Refer to the directions written on the package. Drain the water and set aside the noodles.
3. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium. Add a little oil then add the beef. Cook until it turns color brown. Remove the fat. Add the tomato sauce, garlic powder, sugar, salt, pepper, and basil. Stir until all the ingredients are incorporated then turn the heat to low. Do not cover. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Combine cream cheese and sour cream in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Mix using an electric mixer until it becomes smooth. Set to medium speed.
5. In the same bowl, pour milk and add the onion. Stir well until blended with the rest of the ingredients.
6. Meanwhile, arrange half of the noodles in a layer into the baking or casserole dish.
7. Place 1 1/2 cups of the meat mixture over the noodles followed by 1 cup of the cheese mixture. Top with the spinach. Repeat this procedure until all the ingredients are arranged into layers.
8. Spray an aluminum foil with cooking spray then cover the baking dish.
9. Place inside the oven and bake for about 45 minutes until completely cooked at 350 degrees F.
10. Remove from the oven and top with cheddar cheese.
11. Put back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
12. Remove from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.