This recipe may have crossed your mind somehow. Maybe you’re asking if you can get the same crunch when baking instead of frying. Well, this recipe says yes! Extra crispy chicken tenders right from the oven. They’re so finger-licking good that’s bursting with flavors! But comparing to the fried chicken tenders, for oven-baked tenders, we need to coat them in breadcrumbs. I used Panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs) that’s perfect for chicken tenders. Also, you may want to toast your breadcrumb first before coating so the moisture will be minimal.
Equipment to use
Large Baking Tray + Wire Rack (optional)
3 Large Bowls
Small Bowl (for spice mix)
Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
Frying Pan & Wooden Spoon
1.3lb or 600g Chicken Tenders OR Chicken Breast, sliced into strips & at room temp
1/3 cup or 70g Flour
1 1/4 cups or 75g Panko Breadcrumbs
1 heaped tbsp butter
1oz or 30g freshly grated Parmesan
1 Egg, beaten
2 tbsp Milk
1 teaspoon each of Paprika and Salt
1/4 teaspoon each: Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper
1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper to taste
How to Make Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders
1. Place the frying pan on the stove and set to over medium heat. Melt the 1tbsp. butter and add in 1.25 cups or 75 grams of Panko breadcrumbs. Keep frying for 5 minutes or more until you achieve light golden breadcrumbs. Remove the pan from the heat.
2. Ready the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 390 degrees F.
3. Add 1/4 tsp of onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, and 1tsp paprika in a small bowl. Whisk until well-mixed.
4. Prepare 3 large bowls and line it up. Mix 1/3 cup flour and 1 tsp of spice mix in the 1st bowl. Mix 2 tbsp. milk and 1 beaten egg in the 2nd bowl. Mix breadcrumbs with 30 grams of parmesan and the remainder of the spice mix in the 3rd bowl.
5. Dip the tenders into the flour first individually, then dip into the beaten egg, and dip into the breadcrumbs. Coat fully in every dip.
6. Put in the baking tray. Remember to give room or space to each dipped tenders. Spray oil before baking in the oven for 20 minutes or until you achieve a golden color or when it becomes crispy. Turn the heat low if it starts to burn.
7. Move to a cooling rack for a few minutes for more crisp. Serve with your perfect dip! Enjoy!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.