Sometimes I ask myself, what could be that one thing or reason that can bring everyone together? The past holidays were not the same as I remembered it to be. So this year, I want to bring back that feeling of completeness, pure joy. A few weeks ago, I posted that I will be making everyone’s favorite, French Silk Pie, and guess what? Everyone’s thrilled and excited, they are all coming over! Well, who can say no this beauty? It’s so creamy and smooth. Although, it does take time to make it’s all worth it!
What We Need For French Silk Pie
Chocolate pie crust
How to make French Silk Pie
1. On top of a double boiler, place the eggs, sugar, and 1 tablespoon of water.
2. Give It a good mix until the eggs are light yellow (usually it take 3-5 minutes).
2. Now, place the top broiler pan over the bottom broiler pan that has water in it.
4. Cook until the mixture is nice and thick or for 6-8 minutes, keep stirring.
5. The cooking time may take longer depending on your stove. For some it will take 20-25 minutes, so be patient because but it is worth the wait!
6. Once cooked. Remove the pan from the heat. Then, add the chocolates.
7. Put the top broiler back over the bottom broiler pan and cook for another 2 minutes. Keep stirring.
8. Place in the fridge until completely cooled.
9. Remove from the fridge. Add the butter and beat until smooth.
10. Place 1 cup of cream in a mixing bowl, whip until stiff peaks form, then add 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar and vanilla.
11. Pour into the chocolate mixture.
12. Combine and pour everything into the pie crust.
1. In a mixing bowl, whip the other cup of the cream, then add the powdered sugar and vanilla.
2. Use a potato peeler, shave off pieces of a chocolate bar to sprinkle on top of the cake.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.