Prep time: 15 min | Cook: 50 min | Total: 1 hr 5 min | Servings: 8 | Yield: 8 servings
Do you have a lot of blueberries in your pantry? Then, this is for you, a lovely cake that makes the most of your blueberries. Also, if you love blueberries, then you should try this one out. The first time I had this was when I visited my aunt during her house warming. When I saw this Fresh Blueberry Cake, it reminded me of my aunt, and just like her, it looks sophisticated. It is very delicious that I kept coming back for it. My aunt seems to notice me going back and forth for the cake, and she told me after the house warming that she would share the recipe with me.
The issue with blueberries in baked goods is sometimes that they fall to the bottom of everything you bake. It helps to coat the blueberries with flour to keep them afloat, but there is also a chance of sinkage in the berry.
(2) cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup white sugar
¼ tsp salt
⅓ cup shortening
¾ cup milk
1 tsp lemon zest
1 cup blueberries
1. Prepare the oven by preheating it at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Sift flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl. Beat shortening in a separate bowl until creamy; stir into the flour mixture, alternating with milk. Beat flour-shortening mixture until mixed, about 2 minutes. Add egg and beat until mixed, about a minute.
3. Combine lemon zest with blueberries in a bowl, fold into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. In a preheated oven, bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean for 50 minutes.
1. Although this recipe uses fresh blueberries, and I suggest you do it. If desired, you can use frozen ones but do not thaw.
2. I don’t recommend using lemon extract. It is much better to use fresh lemon juice and lemon zest.
Per Serving: 317.4 calories; 25.1 mg cholesterol; 213.5 mg sodium; 4.9 g protein; 52.9 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.