Prep time: 20 min | Cooking: 1 hr | Total: 1 hr 20 min | Servings: 8 | Yield: 8 servings
I made this recipe for so many years, I can’t remember where I got it from, but preparing and cooking this dish is so easy. My mom serves this dish to us after a long day at school. We always look forward to going home because we know that my mom is waiting with her sweetest smile, and of course, this dish. It is perfect for dinner time, I usually eat it without rice, but you can serve this with rice or your favorite salad. Try this Garlic Roasted Chicken and Potatoes, and serve this to your loved ones. Don’t forget to enjoy it.
¼ cup butter
(6 quarters) chicken leg, split into thighs and drumsticks
(6) large Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into chunks
(24) cloves garlic, unpeeled
(1) pinch salt and ground black pepper
¼ cup maple syrup
1. Preheat oven about 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Add and place the butter into a roasting pan, and melt in the oven. When butter is melted, swirl to coat the bottom of the roasting pan and place the chicken drumsticks and thighs, potatoes, and unpeeled garlic cloves into the pan. Add and sprinkle with salt and black pepper; turn the chicken, potatoes, and garlic to coat with butter.
3. In the preheated oven, bake until the chicken is no longer pink inside and the juices run clear, about 40 minutes, basting 3 times with pan drippings. Brush the maple syrup over the chicken pieces, and spoon pan drippings over the potatoes.
4. Return in the oven, and bake until the chicken and potatoes are tender and browned about 20 more minutes. A thermometer for instant reading inserted into a thick portion of a thigh will register at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). To serve, squeeze garlic from the baked cloves, and spread the soft garlic over the chicken. Pour pan juices over chicken and potatoes.
Per Serving: 463.5 calories; 120.1 mg cholesterol; 150.7 mg sodium; 33.1 g protein; 34.4 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.