Georgia is well-known for its peaches and perhaps one of the best-known recipes in the state is peach cobbler. The best way to enjoy the dish is to make a fish cobbler from scratch. Moreover, it is super easy to make and completely heavenly to eat. To make that dish, we don’t have to order special peaches from Georgia. All we do is collect fresh peaches from our local food shop or farmers’ market and a wonderful dessert will come out of the oven in an hour. If it’s not optional to use fresh peaches, then collect a bag of frozen peaches, but if there are, it is better fresh. Peaches are sweet by themselves, but some other ingredients take them from sweet to peachy.
Our recipe is as simple as it is. The most difficult part is to peel the peaches, but the motivation we need to know how sweet the reward is at the end of this work of love. It all provides the best in summer goodness about this channel. Serve warm or cold, whipped cream with vanilla bean ice cream. Create your own mouthwatering Peach Cobbler, and enjoy.
6-8 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 cup flour
1 cup of sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
⅛ teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Juice from ½ lemon
1. Preheat oven for about 350 degrees F
2. In the middle of the 9×13-inch baking platter, pour the melted butter.
3. Combine flour, 1 c of sugar, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl. Slowly add extract of milk and vanilla and mix. Pour batter over the butter, but don’t mix.
4. In high heat, fill a saucepan with brown sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice. Stir often until sugar is melted completely and peaches emit their juices.
5. Fill the peaches over batter tops. Do not stir.
6. Bake cobbler 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden.
7. Serve either warm or cold or with an ice cream scoop.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.