Prep time: 25 mins | Cooking: 6 mins | Additional: 14 mins | Total: 45 mins | Servings: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
Kartoffelpuffer (German potato pancakes) is not only a favorite dish to serve at home, but also a popular street food found at local folk festivals and holiday events such as Fasching, Karneval and Christmas markets. Enjoy this German Potato pancakes with your loved ones.
Such German potato pancakes, in particular, bring back memories of going to the house of my mum and dad. My mom would make these frequently during my childhood and into young adulthood when we went over to their house. My brother and I would play cards with my dad at the kitchen table while my mom was standing over the stove with the crackling sounds and smells of Kartoffelpuffer frying filling the room. Before long, plates of hot German Potato pancakes were set on the table, and we helped to sprinkle powdered sugar and generous applesauce heaps. My mom also knows how to make these German Potato Pancakes big batches because my brother and I could never get enough of them.
2 tbsp of all-purpose flour
¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
(6) medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
½ cup finely chopped onion
¼ cup of vegetable oil
1. Beat the eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Then, mix in potatoes and onion.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the potato mixture in batches into the skillet, press to flatten. Cook each side until brown and crisp for 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
1. German potatoes pancakes can be eaten sweet or savory. These are most often eaten with apple sauce, other fruit compotes, or powdered sugar, but are often eaten as part of a meal with a yogurt-herb sauce or meat.
2. Use a grater or food processor to grate the potatoes with finesse. You ‘re not looking for thick strands.
Per Serving: 283.3 calories; 62 mg cholesterol; 245.5 mg sodium; 6.8 g protein; 40.7 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.