I’m always looking for smart and flavorful ways to integrate fish and shellfish into my diet as someone who loves seafood, and these salmon cakes have proven to be a simple, delicious way to do that. If you love canned tuna like me but are new to canned salmon, these patties will always convince you to keep the latter packed in your oven. When combined with fresh herbs and a few other ingredients in the pantry, the canned salmon is the basis for a surprisingly elegant weekend meal.
(1) (14.75 oz) can salmon, drained and flaked
(2) eggs, beaten
(1) small onion, diced
1 tsp ground black pepper
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Take the salmon and cut some bones. Add and beat the eggs in a mixing bowl, then add the diced onion, salmon, and pepper. Mix well.
2. Form into 2-ounce patties; seven or eight patties. Heat the oil in a large pan at medium heat, fry-patty on either side for 5 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
1. The smooth texture of boiled or mashed potatoes, rice, and pasta often fit well against the salmon patties’ crunchy exterior. The same happens to vegetables; they should be crisp to improve the crunchiness of the patties without roasted nuts or broiled breadcrumb toppings.
2. We all know that the best crab cakes are the ones without too much “filler,” which is breadcrumbs or crushed crackers in many cases. The same principle applies to salmon patties: the fewer the ingredients, the better the fish itself can shine. So I omitted breadcrumbs for this recipe, which not only improves the flavor of the other ingredients but also makes these patties gluten-free.
3. Topped with a basic Greek yogurt sauce made from lemon juice and chopped capers, sandwiched between a hamburger bun cut with garlicky mayo, flaked into a grain bowl, or eaten with crackers, it is delicious.
Per Serving: 306.5 calories; 138.4 mg cholesterol; 407.5 mg sodium. 27.5 g protein; 2.3 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.