Prep: 15min | Cook: 30mins | Total: 45min | Servings: 8 | Yield: 8 servings
The Grandma’s Pineapple Upside-Down Cake is one of those classic recipes we all keep coming back. There’s a feeling of tradition we love, plus the taste is something we can never get enough. It is a perfectly easy butter cake baked in the top with caramelized pineapples that sounds like a fantasy for us. The Grandma’s Pineapple Upside-Down Cake is already practically frosty. No extra decoration is needed; the garnish gets baked in the cake.
I recall when we celebrated the taekwondo achievement of my brother, it was the first time I had this. It’s been a really hot day, and my mom was very excited because it’s the first tournament for my brother. She made this cake because it was a favorite of my brother. Create your version for Grandma’s Pineapple Upside-Down Cake, and enjoy it.
⅓ cup Butter, with salt
½ cup Sugars, brown
(8) S & W Sliced Pineapple-Canned SW
(8) Nuts, pecans
(1) cup Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, bleached
(1) tsp of leavening agents; baking powder, sodium aluminum sulfate, doubling-acting
¼ tsp salt, table
⅔ cup sugars, granulated
(2) egg, whole, raw, fresh
(¼) cup Pineapple juice, canned, unsweetened, without added ascorbic acid
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Melt butter over medium heat in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet. Stir in brown sugar; heat until bubbly. Remove from heat. Arrange pineapple rings and pecans on top.
3. Add and sift flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; repeat sifting twice more.
4. Beat white sugar and eggs until light and fluffy in a bowl with an electric mixer.
5. Alternate folding flour mixture and pineapple juice into the egg mixture in (3) batches, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Then pour over pineapple slices.
6. In the preheated oven, bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean for 30 to 35 minutes. Allow cooling in the skillet for 5 minutes. Invert carefully onto a serving platter.
Per Serving: 319.3 calories; 66.8 mg cholesterol; 214.9 mg sodium; 3.4 g protein; 55.1 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.