Prep time: 10 min | Cook: 50 min | Total: 1 hr | Servings: 4 | Yield: 4 servings
This Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes with golden brown potatoes are tender and juicy chicken thighs, and with a one-pan meal, you will never get wrong. The protein and veggies both cook together, and in the end, you have just one dish to clean. You can either eat this dish as it is or adds an extra veggie to the pan to complete your meal.
4 lbs skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp dried rosemary
(1) pinch cayenne pepper
½ cup fresh lemon juice
½ cup olive oil
(6) cloves garlic, minced
(3) medium (2-1/4″ to 3″ dia, raw) russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
⅔ cup chicken broth, plus splash to deglaze pan
(1) sprig chopped fresh oregano for garnish
1. Preheat oven to about 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Put and oil lightly in a large roasting pan.
2. Add and place chicken pieces in a large bowl. Add and season with salt, oregano, pepper, rosemary, and cayenne pepper, then add the fresh lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic. In a bowl, place potatoes with the chicken; stir together until chicken and potatoes are coated evenly with the marinade.
3. In the prepared roasting pan, transfer chicken pieces, skin side up, reserving marinade. Distribute potato pieces among chicken thighs. Drizzle with 2/3 cup chicken broth. Spoon the remaining marinade over chicken and potatoes.
4. In the preheated oven, place and bake it for 20 minutes. Toss chicken and potatoes, keeping chicken skin side up; continue baking until chicken is browned and cooked through, about 25 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone will read 165°F (74°C). Move chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
5. Set the oven to broil or highest heat setting. Toss potatoes once again in pan juices. Add and place the pan under the broiler and broil for 3 minutes until potatoes caramelized. Transfer the potatoes to serving platter with chicken.
6. Place roasting pan on the stove over medium heat. Add a splash of broth and from the bottom of the pan, stir up browned bits. Strain; spoon juices over chicken and potatoes. Top with chopped oregano.
Per Serving: 1138.8 calories; 283.6 mg cholesterol; 1865.5 mg sodium; 80.4 g protein; 34.5 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.