Prep time: 30 min | Cooking: 25 min | Total: 5 min | Servings: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
These enchiladas are crispy, spicy, and full of flavors. This recipe is totally to die for, better than a restaurant in Mexico. They are super creamy, and together the flavors taste incredible. If you love enchiladas, you’ll love this tasty version.
1 tbsp oil
½ cup chopped hot green chile peppers
½ cup chopped white onion
½ cup chopped bell pepper
½ cup of frozen corn
½ cup drained canned black beans
(3) cloves garlic, minced
(1 ¼) cups cooked shredded chicken breast
1 (28 oz) can of Hatch green chile enchilada sauce, divided
(1) pinch fresh cracked black pepper
(11) (6 inches) corn tortillas, cut into quarters, divided
2 tbsp sour cream, divided
⅓ cup New Mexican hot green chile salsa
1 ½ cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
1. Preheat oven at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat, then saute green chile peppers, onion, bell pepper, corn, black beans, and garlic until onion and bell pepper are tender, for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat.
3. Stir the chicken, 1/2 c of enchilada sauce, and black pepper into vegetable mixture.
4. In an 11×17-inch casserole dish, spread 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce in the bottom of the dish.
5. Coat one side of 18 tortillas quarters lightly with sour cream and arrange, sour cream-side up, in the casserole dish. Add and spread 1/2 of the chicken mixture over the layer of tortillas.
6. Stir the green chile into the remaining chicken mixture.
7. In the casserole dish, sprinkle 1/2 c of Mexican cheese blend over the layer of chicken mixture, top with 10 tortilla quarters. Pour the 1/4 c of enchilada sauce over the tortilla layer and cover with the chicken-salsa mixture; then add 1/2 cup of Mexican cheese blend.
8. Coat 14 tortilla quarters with sour cream lightly and arrange, sour cream-side down, over cheese layer. Spread a cup of enchilada sauce over tortillas and top with remaining cheese.
9. In a preheated oven, bake until cook through, and cheese is bubbling for 20 to 25 minutes.
Per Serving: 429.9 calories; 56.3 mg cholesterol; 1322.4 mg sodium; 22.7 g protein; 39.1 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.