Growing up, the first thing that comes in mind when I hear about summer is angel food cake. There is something in particular about the lighter-than-air cake that, when combined with berries, quickly returns us to each one of those hot days when light, the fluffy cake was only the thing to satisfy our sweet tooth without being excessively overwhelming in the warmth. Well we’ve gone a few stages farther than a basic blessed messenger cake and some natural product, yet the updates we’ve made have truly launched this dish into our top level of top choices, also, you can make this whenever of year. We give you: heaven on earth cake.
Additionally known (by our loved ones) as cherry heavenly attendant play, this is a debauched, flavorful fool Esque pastry, in that it’s few layers of yumminess all folded into one. Start by cubing a fluffy cake – or two, in case you’re utilizing the portion assortment – and spread a portion of the shapes into your 9×13. At that point, it’s a matter of dolloping cherry pie filling on the shapes, trailed by spreading a smooth layer of Greek yogurt vanilla pudding on top and the remaining cubed cake. A generous layer of solidified whipped beating encases all the delightfulness and shapes a seal on everything, so the cake retains the pie filling and the pudding.
1 box of Angel food cake or 1 prepared Angel Food Cake
1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup sour cream
1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
1 tub (8 ounces) Cool Whip
1 tbsp almond slivers, toasted
1. Bake angel food cake according to the package ‘s instructions. Enable to cool and cut into cubes.
2. Beat pudding mix, milk, and sour cream in a bowl combine until smooth then set aside.
3. Place in a row the 1/2 of cake cubes in a 9×13 baking dish
4. Add 2/3 of cherry pie filling over the cake
5. On top of the pie filling, put the remaining 1/2 of the cake.
6. Spread evenly the pudding over the cake
7. Add the whipped topping and spread it over the pudding layer.
8. Sprinkle the remaining pie filling and toasted almonds on top of the cake. Refrigerate for 4-5 hours before serving.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.