Cooking: 1 hr 5 mins | Additional: 15 mins | Total: 1 hr 20 mins | Servings: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
It is such a great recipe for go-to potato side dishes. There are only a few things you need to do, and if you do those things, you ‘re thinking about the deep pleasure of the potato side dish. The best roasted red potatoes begin with a heavy roasting pan, a generous quantity of olive oil, and enough time to roast the dark and rich potatoes. This dish a staple at my grandma’s house everyone’s been eyeing this one, every gathering that includes me. It’s very delicious, and we enjoy it, and most especially, our grandma always makes this dish with her heart, which I think is the secret ingredient.
¼ cup olive oil, or more if needed
2 lbs red potatoes, cut into evenly sized pieces
(5) fresh thyme sprigs, or to taste
(1) pinch freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt
(1) pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
(½) large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
1. Preheat oven at about 400 degrees F (200 degrees C)
2. In a heavy baking dish, pour the olive oil. Add and place potatoes into the baking dish and toss it to coat with olive oil. Add and sprinkle with fresh thyme sprigs, kosher salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and red bell pepper pieces.
3. In a preheated oven, bake for 30 minutes. Toss back the vegetables. Some potatoes can stick, but don’t worry about trying to turn them around. Return to the oven, and bake for another 20 minutes.
4. Toss potatoes again and turn potatoes, so unbrowned sides touch the bottom of the platter. Continue to bake until the potatoes get browned and tender, about 15 minutes more.
5. Turn off the oven and leave the potatoes in the oven for another 15 minutes. Again toss and adjust the salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper before transferring potatoes to a serving bowl.
Per Serving: 190.4 calories; 0 mg cholesterol; 76.5 mg sodium; 3 g protein; 25 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.