A slice of cheesecake will make everything okay. A perk me up dessert, that is so creamy and very easy to make. And I never thought that it’s possible to make it in an instant cooker!
What you need:
For the crust
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (1 sleeve of crackers, 9 full sizes)
2 Tbsp of granulated sugar
5 Tbsp melted butter
For the filling
2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, room temperature
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
3 large eggs, room temperature
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 can (20 oz) cherry pie filling
How to make Instant Pot Cheesecake
1. Let’s start by making the crust. Pulse graham crackers in a food processor until crumbs are fine. Add the melted butter and granulated sugar. Pulse to combine. In a 7-inch springform pan, press the crumbs into the bottom and partially up the sides. Refrigerate.
2. Now, let’s make the cheesecake filling. Combine cream cheese and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla extract, flour, and the eggs one at a time. Gently beat the mixture (don’t overbeat, just until the last egg is mixed), scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the sour cream and heavy whipping cream, continue stirring until blended well. Slowly pour the filling into the chilled graham cracker crust.
3. It’s time to pressure cook! You may want to wrap the top of the cheesecake with foil, and the sides up over to the top. Fill the pressure cooker with just 1 cup of water. Place the wrapped springform pan on the trivet and lower it into the instant pot. Don’t forget to secure the lid and turn the valve to “Sealing”. Now, turn on the pressure cooker. Set to high pressure for 40 minutes.
4. Once done, allow to naturally release pressure completely. This could take about 20-30 minutes. Lift the trivet with the handles and remove the cheesecake. Let it cool in room temperature.
5. After cooling. place cheesecake in the fridge to chill for at least 8 hours or overnight.
6. When ready to serve, remove foil, gently blot off any condensation from the top with a paper towel. Using a knife, gently remove the cheesecake by running it along the sides of the pan. Gently push the bottom of the cake out of the pan.
7. Serve cheesecake as is or top with a cherry pie filling or blueberry, whatever you desire. Serve cold and enjoy!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.