Prep: 30 min | Cook: 2 hrs | Additional : 30 min | Total: 3 hrs | Servings: 8 | Yield: 8 servings
It’s so simple to make a dump cake in the slow cooker or crock-pot, and the results are super delicious. It’s a great way to cook a tasty dessert when you are doing other things. As other dump cakes, this cooks in a perfect, fluffy cake to have gooey bits of fruit. Like other cakes, you’ll need to scoop it out of the slow cooker because you’ll probably have a difficult time slicing it out.
(3) (15 oz) cans sliced peaches in a heavy syrup, drained well
5 tbsp butter, melted
⅔ cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
(1 ½) sticks butter softened
1 cup white sugar
(2) large eggs
½ tsp pure almond extract
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup whole milk
1. Spread the peach slices between several layers of paper towels and let it dry for 20 minutes, gently pressing occasionally and replacing any soaked towels.
2. Meanwhile, pour melted butter over the bottom of a 6-quart oval slow cooker. Stir brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl and sprinkle over butter.
3. Arrange the peaches in a tight layer over brown sugar. (You may need to make a partial second layer to fit them all in.)
4. Beat softened butter with white sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy for 3 minutes in a large bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in almond extract.
5. Add and whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Working in batches, stir flour mixture into egg mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix batter until well combined. Spoon over peaches and spread evenly.
6. Drape the paper towels over the top of the slow cooker (to absorb any condensation during baking), then cover with a lid. Cook it until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean for 2 to 2 1/2 hours on high heat.
7. Remove lid and paper towels. Using oven mitts, remove the ceramic liner from slow cooker and let cool 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the cake and carefully turn out onto a serving platter.
Per Serving: 653.6 calories; 114.4 mg cholesterol; 486 mg sodium; 6.8 g protein; 100.8 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.