Lasagna Roll-Ups blends the best of classic Lasagna but it’s so much easier to cook, bake faster and you can enjoy it right away-no time to pause. Lasagna rolls are make-ahead, convenient to the fridge, and reheat well. Lasagna ‘s finest meat sauce is also a ragu – a meat sauce of ground beef, tomato, marinara, and seasonings. We should not skimp on the ingredients and use a full pound of ground beef to fit this lasagna. You can either use a manufactured marinara or home-made marinara shop.
These Lasagna roll-ups are beefy, saucy, crispy and certainly fulfill the lasagna itch, but are much easier to serve. No more messy squares of lasagna fall apart as you try to get them out of the pan.
12 lasagna noodles (follow instructions in the box)
16 oz ground beef 85% lean
24 oz marinara sauce
1/2 cup diced onion
3 garlic cloves minced
1 tsp of sea salt or to taste for red sauce
1/2 tsp of black pepper or to taste
1/2 tsp dried oregano
15 oz ricotta cheese
1 large egg
1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
3 cups mozzarella cheese shredded, divided
1/4 cup parsley chopped (add more to garnish)
1. Preheat oven at about 375 degrees F. Cook noodles according to package instructions in a large pot of salted water, then drain and fill the pot with cold water to avoid the cooking process and prevent the noodles from sticking to each other.
2. Cook the ground beef over medium-high heat in a deep pan or dutch oven until it is no longer pink, breaking with a spatula (2 min). Attach onion and cook for 3 minutes until softened. Add garlic, 1 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of pepper and 1/2 tsp of oregano, then saute for a minute. Add marinara, bring the fire to a simmer, and shut off. Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce over a casserole tray.
3. Mix the ricotta, 1 egg, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 1/2 cup mozzarella, and 1/4 cup parsley in one wide bowling bowl. Stir well.
4. To avoid clutter, arrange noodles in a single layer over a large baking sheet. Spread over the top of each noodle 1/4 cup (1 ice cream scoop) of cheese mixture. Add a tbsp of meat soup into a strip down the middle of the noodle. Roll the noodles up and arrange them in a lined casserole dish.
5. Pour the remaining meat sauce over the tops of the roll-ups and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on the remaining 1 1/2 cups. Cover with foil to ensure the foil does not touch cheese (if your pan is on the shallow side, you can place toothpicks in rolls to protect the foil from cheese.
6. Bake for 40 minutes covered at 375 degrees F. Remove foil and broil for another 2-3 minutes or until cheese is slightly golden.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.