Those brownies will ever be among my favorite desserts. Don’t get me wrong, I love a thick, fudgy brownie cake, but there’s something about a brownie with lemon that’s so sweet and fresh. What’s more, anything flavored with lemon is always a hit with me. This recipe should look much like the usual brownie recipe with no cocoa or chocolate chips. You will separately mix your dry ingredients and wet ingredients before combining make sure to add one egg at a time.
For the Brownies:
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest, plus more for icing
For the Icing:
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven at about 175 degrees C (350 degrees F). Grease a baking dish, 8 inches square pan.
2. Use an electric mixer to pound the flour, white sugar, butter, and sea salt together in a bowl until well combined. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, two tablespoons of lemon juice, and one tablespoon of lemon zest together; mix into the flour mixture and beat at medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. Pour the batter into the baking dish made ready.
3. In a preheated oven, bake it for 23 to 25 minutes, or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cook to the touch until the bottom of the dish is dry.
4. In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, 1/4 cup lemon juice, vanilla extract, and lemon zest (to taste) until smooth; spread over brownies.
1. If you’re new to lemon zesting, the device designed for this job is the simplest to use: a lemon zester. But a veggie peeler would work if you don’t have one. Make sure you have your lemon cleaned beforehand.
2. For best result, refrigerate the brownies overnight
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.