Every bite of this cake of the Lemon Layer is lemon-flavored with lemon filling and lemon frosting. The velvety, smooth lemon curd is laying on a wondrously moist cake and is freshly frosted. It’s this cake you make for birthdays, Mother’s Day, and other events. This is an easy recipe, enjoy this cake with your family and friends.
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to about 360 ° F – 170 ° C – grease and flour two round 7-inch pans, mix flour, baking powder with salt. Set aside
2. In a big bowl cream, combine butter and sugar, for 6 min. until light and fluffy. Stir the eggs one at a time, and stir vanilla into the flour mixture until it combines completely.
3. Bake batter into prepared pans 35 minutes in a preheated oven and cool them for 15 min. until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, and then reverse to wire racks, cool completely.
For the Filling:
1. Mix 1 tablespoon of lemon zest for 1/3 of a cup of lemon juice and a tbsp of cornstarch, until it is smoother. Mixed with 5 tablespoons of butter and 3/4 cup of sugar and bring to boil for a minute in medium heat, stir often.
2. In a small bowl, whisk beats egg yolks until smooth, add a small amount of hot lemon mixture. Place the egg in a saucepan and beat the lemon mixture pan, then reduce the heat to low and remove for 5 minutes until they are thick but not boiling.
3. In a medium bowl, pour the mixture and press a plastic wrap onto its surface to avoid the skin from forming, cool to room temperature, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
For the Frosting:
1. Beat until smooth 3 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tsp of lemon juice, confectioners sugar, and 1/3 cup of butter. Beat in milk until light and fluffy, increase speed to get the desired consistency.
For Assembling the cake:
1. Split with a long, twitched knife each cake layer in half horizontally making 5 layers, and 1 layer cut off side up onto a serving plate and distributes half the lemon filling and spread with 1/2 c of frosting continue doing this with the rest of the layers and on the last layer, frost the top and each side of the cake. Refrigerate until serving time.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.