Prep time: 20 mins | Cooking: 30 mins | Total: 50 mins | Servings: 4 | Yield: 4 servingss
This delicious lemon chicken piccata is coming together in under 50 minutes. Some steps make the difference in a sparkling lemony sauce made from a perfectly juicy flavor-packed chicken with capers. You won’t think how simple and easy it is to make with ingredients you have already.
(3) large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1/2-inch medallions
(1) pinch salt and pepper to taste
½ cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp vegetable oil, or as needed
(1) clove garlic, minced
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
(½) lemon, thinly sliced
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp minced Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
1. Preheat oven at about 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Then, place a serving platter into the oven to warm.
2. Add and season the chicken breast with salt and pepper, and dredge them in flour. Remove the excess flour. In a skillet, heat the vegetable oil, pan-fry the chicken until golden brown on both sides for 3 minutes per side. Make sure not to crowd the skillet, work in batches, and add oil as needed. Once you finish cooking the chicken, drain most of the oil from the skillet, leaving only a thin coating on the surface of the pan.
3. In a skillet, cook and stir the minced garlic until fragrant for 20 seconds. Then, pour in the chicken broth. Scrape out and dissolve any brown bits from the skillet bottom. Cook 5 to 8 minutes until sauce is reduced to about 2/3 of the cup. Stir occasionally. Add the capers and lemon juice; simmer until sauce is reduced and thickened about five minutes longer. In a skillet, drop the butter and mix it into the sauce by tilting the skillet until the butter is melted and put in. Add parsley; then remove from the heat, and set aside.
4. Arrange chicken medallions on the serving plates and spoon some sauce over each portion to serve.
Per Serving: 421 calories; 127.6 mg cholesterol; 347.9 mg sodium; 41.1 g protein; 16.1 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.