These Lemon Coconut Cupcakes are filled with sweet lemon curd and are from scratch. Topped with creamy lemon frosting and shredded coconut, your family begs Easter for the recipe. Fluffy lemon frosting and a lemon filling pocket make these Lemon Coconut Cupcakes a cheerful and refreshing dessert in the spring! These will look amazing on the dinner tables this year for your Easter or Mother’s day.
For the Cupcakes:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 pinch salt
5 tbsp butter, cut into chunks
2/3 cup milk
1 cup white sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup shredded coconut
For the Frosting:
1/4 cup butter, softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp of grated lemon zest
1/4 cup shredded coconut, or to taste
1. Preheat oven at about175 degrees C (350 degrees F). Fill a 12-cup muffin tin with liner.
2. For a bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. Heat 5 tablespoons of butter and milk together over low heat in a saucepan until butter is melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Take off heat.
4. Beat white sugar, eggs, egg yolk, and one teaspoon of vanilla with a low electric hand mixer together in a bowl until the mixture is smooth and thickened. Pour the flour mixture into the sugar-egg mixture gradually while mixing with the electric mixer until it has just been incorporated. Gradually add a mixture of buttermilk; beat until all blended together. Fold shredded coconut in 1/2 cup. Fill batter with muffin cups.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until, about 20 minutes, a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Let it rest in the pans for 10 minutes to cool fully on a wire rack before removing.
6. Beat soft butter and cream cheese together in a cup, using a medium electric mixer. Gradually beat the sugar from the confectioners into the creamed butter mixture at low till it is absorbed. Beat the vanilla extract and lemon zest in 1/2 tablespoon, until smooth and creamy. Sprinkle frosting over cooled cupcakes; sprinkle on each cupcake about one teaspoon of shredded coconut.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.