These Lemon Cream Cheese Bars are a true family favorite. I remember vividly that growing up my mother used to bake this, which made us delighted every time. The succulent, fluffy bar cookies took the spotlight at every family gathering, every picnic, and every weekend beach trip and they’ve always been the first thing to be eaten up. I like this version more than a traditional lemon bar recipe because they ‘re much creamier and more like cheesecake. The buttery crust and crumble on top balance the sweet, fluffy lemony filling too. They ‘re so delicious; you will certainly love this recipe.
2 (8 ounces) packages of refrigerated crescent roll dough (such as Pillsbury(R) Recipe Creations(R)), divided
2 lemons, zested and juiced, divided
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tbsp butter, melted
3 tbsp white sugar
1. Preheat oven at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a 9×13 inch baking dish, cover the bottom with aluminum foil and brush with cooking spray.
2. Add 1 can of crescent roll dough and press into the bottom of the prepared baking dish, reaching to the edges.
3. Add and combine the zest of 1 1/2 lemons and 2 lemon juice in a dish. Add cream cheese and 1/2 c of sugar in the lemon zest mixture, mix until smooth and creamy using an electric mixer. Layer over the crescent roll dough plate.
4. Spread the second can of crescent roll dough over the cream cheese mixture, stretch gently the dough to the edges. Over the layer of a crescent roll dough, brush melted butter. Combine the remaining lemon zest and 3 tbsp of sugar in a bowl, scatter over the butter.
5. In a preheated oven, bake the cake until the top is golden brown for about 30 minutes. Allow cooling for about 20 minutes. Lift cake from baking dish using foil; switch to a cutting board. Split into circles, leaving on the foil. Put the cake back in the baking dish and refrigerate for an hour to cool completely.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.