The greatest pleasures of Life are not always extravagant or luxurious. Think family spring picnics, hiking down a mountain path to a little-known waterfall, taking time after a week of rain to bask in the sun. I always consider that the easiest can be the most gratifying. These cookies with homemade lemon curd are absolute heaven! A mix of soft buttery cookies and citrus filling with a touch of almonds! This recipe for Lemon Curd Sugar Cookie Sandwich is very refreshing and great for summer! That has to be one of the better lemon curds uses. Those cookies are too easy to make; they are “swig cookies,” which do not need to be chilled or rolled out.
Lemon curd is often a treat, but usually during spring and summer. For wedding and baby showers a tray of these cookies is so good. It makes them irresistibly good as they are just butter cookies keeping a little filling.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
2 large egg yolks
1 tbsp grated lemon zest
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
½ tsp kosher salt
2½ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Lemon Curd, or store-bought
1. Heat oven at about 350 °.
2. Line two half-sheet-pan baking sheets with nonstick or parchment liners.
3. In a wide bowl with a mixer, beat butter and sugar until well blended.
4. Place in yolks, zest of lemons, lemon juice, and oil.
5. Beat in flour until moist clumps take shape. Gather dough in a bowl to tie together.
6. Shape scant dough spoons into 1 inch balls.
7. Place balls on prepared sheets, 1 inch apart from each other.
8. Make a deep indentation of a floured finger in the center of each ball or something that will give a nice round shape.
9. Bake cookies for around 18 to 20 minutes, until firm and slightly golden on the edges.
10. Take the cookies from the oven and fill in the indentations with curd immediately.
11. Return to the oven and bake to prepare curd for 2 minutes more.
12. Bake the remaining cookies. Before serving, gently brush edges with sugar from the confectioners.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.