Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking: 30 mins | Additional: 10 mins | Total: 55 mins | Servings: 16 | Yield: 16 muffins
These streusel crumbs topped Lemon Blueberry Muffins are the best breakfast to make ahead and grab on a busy morning. I ‘m sure these Lemon Blueberry Muffins would love your kids and even picky eaters too. It will surely make your family, especially your kids, happy and excited, whether you prepare this recipe as a snack for your family to eat at home or packing it as a school lunch.
These lemon blueberry muffins are easy to make with blueberries and perfectly golden brown tops bursting with a moist and tender center. For years, we’ve been making these muffins and are always happy that we’ve done so.
(3 ¼) cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
(1 ⅓) cups white sugar
(1 ¼) cups milk
1 cup sour cream
½ cup melted butter
(2) large eggs
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 ½ cups frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 16 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, combine sugar, milk, sour cream, butter, eggs, and lemon zest. Use an electric mixer and beat it on low speed until blended. Fold in the flour mixture until the batter is just moist. Fold in blueberries, remember not to overmix because the batter might turn purple if you do.
4. Fill the muffin cups with 3/4 full of batter.
5. In a preheated oven, bake it for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
1. If you like, you can use fresh blueberries, but it’s hard to find sweet fresh blueberries during the year.
2. We use all-purpose flour, but a whole wheat meal or your preferred gluten-free flour mix will fit in the recipe. If you find that the batter seems a little thick, don’t worry, an extra fluid splash will fix it.
Per Serving: 265.2 calories; 46.4 mg cholesterol; 339 mg sodium; 4.6 g protein; 39.7 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.