Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking: 20 mins | Additional: 10 mins | Total: 35 mins | Serving: 5 | Yield: 5 biscuits
This simple recipe for Luscious Lemon-Blueberry Biscuits is delicately crisp on the outside, with a tender and cakey inside for all the muffin top lovers. It is a recipe that you can whip up in minutes, and that will keep you happy for a while. Bursting with lemon zest and blueberries — it’s the perfect treat. Not too sweet or heavy, just melt the biscuits in your mouth-almost too good to be true.
I picked lemon blueberry flavor for those biscuits today not only because the girls love it, but because it’s similar in taste to the best blueberry muffin of all time. So, it is certainly a good starting point. But that said, feel free to replace any kind of berry, dried fruits, add chocolate chips in nuts and make those easy lemon blueberry drop biscuits feel like a new treat every time. Or use herbs, cheeses, nuts, spices to make them savory and serve alongside soup or salad. You can create your version of lemon-blueberry biscuits whatever you want, just don’t forget to enjoy doing the process, and share this with your family and friends.
(1) (10 oz) can of refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough (such as Pillsbury®)
1 cup blueberries
½ cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp lemon zest
1. Preheat oven at about350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a parchment-papered cookie sheet.
2. Remove the biscuits from the can and divide in half, for a total of 10 biscuits. Place 5 biscuits on the cookie sheet; divide the blueberries over tops. The remaining biscuits are coated with blueberries.
3. In a preheated oven, bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until golden brown. Let them cool down for 5 minutes.
4. In a small cup, add the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and zest. Brush the tops of biscuits with 1/2 of the glaze. Let sit, for about 5 minutes, until glaze has set. Repeat with glaze leftover.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.