This summer salad, along with sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions, is a simple mixture of oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. I love serving it cold, and just before serving, I often add ice cubes to it. So good on a hot summer day. During the summer months, the cucumbers are so plentiful and inexpensive. If you’ve got a vegetable garden, you’ve no doubt got more to do than you know. Cucumbers are also relatively low in calories and very high in volume. They are an excellent way to stay full and hydrated during the summer.
The best summer salad is marinated Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad. It is both sweet and tangy, and the cucumbers and onions can’t beat the fresh crispness. Marinated cucumber, tomato, and onion salad are such a healthy way to enjoy fresh vegetables in summer.
1 cup of water
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp fresh, coarsely ground black pepper
(3) cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
(3) tomatoes, cut into wedges
(1) onion, sliced and separated into rings
1. In a bowl, add and whisk together water, vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper until smooth; add the cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion and stir to coat.
2. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; let it cool for at least 2 hours.
1. For more flavor, add a chopped fresh dill or a dried Italian seasoning.
2. Use red onion rather than white onion.
3. Use the cherry tomatoes rather than standard tomatoes.
4. Use rice wine vinegar, diluted white vinegar, or red wine vinegar instead of apple cider vinegar.
5. You can use olive oil instead of vegetable oil.
6. Peel or leave the skin on the cucumbers.
7. I like adding a pair of ice cubes to the bowl right before serving. The cucumbers taste that good when it’s cold.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.