Marinated cucumber, onion, and tomato salad are simple, tasty, refreshing, and light meal. This simple salad is made from sliced cucumbers & juicy tomatoes and enhanced with red onion slivers and a tangy vinaigrette dressing. Marinated Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad are such a healthy way to enjoy fresh vegetables in summer. It’s also easily customizable, and this flavorful summer salad is the perfect crunch.
1 cup of water
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp fresh, coarsely ground black pepper
(3) cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
(3) tomatoes, cut into wedges
(1) onion, sliced and separated into rings
1. Add and whisk water, vinegar oil, salt, sugar, and pepper in a large bowl until smooth; add and stir the cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion to coat.
2. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; let it cool for at least 2 hours.
1. Make sure to serve cucumber onion tomato salad with grilled or roasted meats or fish, such as marinated beef or chicken kabobs, grilled salmon, or pork tenderloin.
2. The ideal for this recipe is English cucumber. The peels are soft enough not to have to be cut, and the seeds are nearly non-existent. Those are perfectly suitable if you only have regular salad cukes on hand. Only peel them, and pick them out and then slice, if the seeds seem to be tough.
3. This salad tastes good when you serve it cold, and you can prepare this ahead. Of course, making this the day you serve it is still the best, but you can hold it for a few days, and drain any juices. I prepare the tomato-cucumber salad partly if I schedule this dish and need to get a start at dinner.
4. You can use olive oil instead of vegetable oil.
5. Peel off the cucumbers or leave on the skin.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.