The best summer salad is marinated Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad. It is both sweet and tangy, and the cucumbers and onions can’t match the new crispness. This summer salad, along with sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions, is a basic mixture of butter, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. I enjoy eating it very, very cold, and right before eating, I sometimes add ice cubes, to good on a hot summer day. During the summer months, the cucumbers are so plentiful and inexpensive. When you’ve got a vegetable garden, you’ve no longer got more to do than you know. Cucumbers are also relatively low in calories and very high in sugar. They are an ideal way to stay hydrated throughout the season.
1 cup of water
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp fresh, coarsely ground black pepper
(3) cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
(3) tomatoes, cut into wedges
(1) onion, sliced and separated into rings
1. Add and whisk water, milk, sugar, salt, vinegar, and pepper in a large bowl until smooth; add the cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion, then blend to combine.
2. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; let it chill for at least 2 hours.
1. All year long, I do a salad similar to this (but with less pepper). I just like apple cider vinegar or white balsamic that gives you more flavor than really mild white vinegar, but that’s a personal choice. With that simple marinated cucumber, onion, and tomato salad, you just can’t go wrong, because this complements much of anything you serve.
2. Tomato juices, onions, and cucumber mingle with the dressing as it lies, making it taste even better.
3. The sweeter the onions, the healthier it is, as we add fresh onions to the salad. You can consider using Walla Walla onions, or Vidalia onions if you can find them.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.