We are the kind of people that look forward to autumn throughout the year. In fresh-baked treats, we love the bright colors of fall, the crispness to the air, and the warm spices. Of course, we also love anything flavored with pumpkin, which is why this recipe for pumpkin bread does hit the spot. I already made various versions of pumpkin bread in the past, with fruit or nuts baked in the loaves. But the classic moist pumpkin bread doesn’t get any better than any version.
It’s easy to make — just a bit of mixing and stirring, pop it in the oven, and you’ll have a house smelling of sweet autumn spices and two delicious pumpkin bread. The next time you need to heal a pumpkin spice craving, grab a slice of this tasty bread – you will never regret it.
1 cup brown sugar
1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
1⁄3 cup water
(1) (15 oz) pumpkin puree
1 3⁄4 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1⁄2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1⁄4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
For the Topping:
1 tbsp butter
1⁄4 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp milk
1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
1. Add and beat the eggs in a medium-sized bowl and mix them with sugar, butter, water, and pumpkin.
2. Add and combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and spice pumpkin pie into another bowl. Just mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients before the merge. Do not overmix.
3. Pour into a floured, greased loaf pan. This bread recipe fits perfectly in a loaf pan of 8.5 x 4.5. Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes at about 325-degree.
4. For the topping: Add and mix the butter, brown sugar, and milk in a small saucepan. Boil only for 2 1/2 minutes, while constantly stirring.
5. Drizzle immediately over the loaf. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and lightly squeeze pecans into the top.
6. Wrap in and store for serving until the next day, it will keep the humidity inside. If the bread “sweats” while being wrapped, it is okay.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.