Prep time: 20 mins | Total: 20 mins | Servings: 64 | Yield: 8 cups
My mom’s Seven Layer Dip is a huge hit for any gathering, big or small. You layer the refried beans with guacamole, seasoned sour cream, vegetables, and cheese. It is suitable for dipping tortilla chips. Traditionally, the dip takes less time to fade into bellies than it does to prepare. The ultimate party appetizer is this simple recipe. You can always guarantee it will be the first dish to go.
You will not regret your decision to serve this whenever you feel like doing it because you’ll get satisfied by how to react when they dive right into it. I hope you’ll use this recipe and serve this to the people whom you surely love, and let them enjoy it.
(2) avocados – peeled, pitted and diced
1 ½ tbsp fresh lime juice
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
¼ cup of salsa
garlic salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
1 (8 oz) container sour cream
1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
(4) Roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
(1) bunch green onions, finely chopped
1 (16 oz) can refried beans
2 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese blend
1 (2.25 ounce) can black olives – drained and finely chopped
1. Mash avocados in a medium bowl. Add and mix in lime juice, cilantro, salsa, garlic salt, and pepper.
2. Blend the sour cream and taco seasoning in a small bowl.
3. Spread the refried beans in a 9×13 inch dish or on a large serving platter. Add the sour cream mixture on top, then spread on guacamole. Then, add tomatoes, green onions, Mexican-style cheese blend, and black olives.
1. You can swap them easily for your preferred toppings. Cook the beef until there is no pink left if you want to add ground beef. Add flavor and cool to the taco seasoning. Add between the beans and the mixture of sour cream.
2. It lasts 3-4 days in the fridge.
3. As much as possible do not use a thin salsa because it will make the whole dip runny.
Per Serving: 42 calories; 2.9 g total fat; 2.8 g carbohydrates; 1.5 g protein; 5 mg cholesterol; 92 mg sodium.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.