Jalapeno fans will love this jalapeno Bacon Chicken Lasagna. It ‘s super fluffy, and in addition to bacon and chicken, it also has lasagna noodles and plenty of cheese, including Mexican Cheddar and Mozzarella.
(1) bag of frozen chicken
Good seasoning Italian seasoning
(2) Philly Cream cheese, room temp
(1) pint Half & Half
(4 to 8oz) can diced jalapenos
2 cups sour cream
2 tbsp minced garlic
(2) bunches Green onions- clean and dice/slice
(24-32 oz) cheese- mixed- Mexican, cheddar and mozzarella
2 lb peppered bacon
(2) boxes lasagna noodles
1. Prepare the frozen chicken, 0.7 oz Good seasonings Italian packet, and maybe ½ water. Set the Slow cooker over high for about 4 hours. Shred or dice the chicken when done. (I may add diced onions next time)
2. I had originally made 3lb of bacon that I heavily peppered myself. Bake until extra done, so they crumbled nicely on cookie sheets in the oven to about 400 for 25 minutes. I made these the day before. I only used about 2 pounds crumbled.
3. Take the can of jalapenos and minced garlic, then add a lot of onion powder and pureed all three together.
4. In a large bowl, add (2) packets of room temperature or softened cream cheese, (1) pint half & half, and sour cream. And jalapeno puree then mixes until smooth. Add and mix it with your hands, don’t worry if it seems watery just add diced chicken, bacon ( cold from the fridge), ¾ of the green onions, and about a cup of Mexican cheese.
5. Follow instructions written at the back of the box to create (2) packets of lasagna noodles. Add oil and salt as it boils. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
6. Layer noodles sprinkle with cheese, chicken mixture- repeat. On one pan, I started with noodles, and on the 2nd pan, I put some sauce down.
7. Cover it with foil and cook to about 350 for 45 minutes. Remove the foil, and add tons of cheese. Take it back to the oven and cook for another 10 minutes. Add the remaining green onions on top.
I used the various cheeses because that’s what I had on hand. I will possibly, in the future, use sharp cheddar. Also, taco bell Verde sounds interesting too. Maybe in the future, I ‘m going to make a small side of the cream cheese, jalapeno puree mix, but have the cream cheese still cold but smoother, so it comes out more like flavored cream cheese yet spreadable.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.