We have a very yummy lush strawberry that always gets rave reviews, so it was only appropriate that we go for a cherry version of our tried-and-true favorite for round two. The secret to a beautiful one is that you have a broken cookie foundation, a cream cheese filling sheet, a cheesecake topping sheet, overlaid with a fruity top of your choosing – here we went for cherry pie filling – and then you top it all off with frozen whipped top or whipped cream. Place it in the refrigerator so it sets nice and strong, then slice it, eat it and enjoy it.
1 package of vanilla sandwich cookies (36 cookies), crushed
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 tsp salt
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
2 (16 oz.) containers of frozen whipped topping, divided
2 (3.4 oz.) boxes of cheesecake instant pudding mix
3 cups whole milk
1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1. Fill a big bowl of melted butter and 1/4 teaspoon salt and mix until the cookie crumbs are all completely covered.
2. Pour the crumb mixture into a baking dish of 9×13 inches and push to an even sheet. Place in a fridge and chill until ready for use.
3. Whip cream for 1-2 minutes in a big bowl or mixer or add 1 1/2 cups of frozen flaked tops to powdered sugar until creamy and smooth. Beat until combined, then scatter over chilled crust.
4. Whisk the milk, cheesecake pudding mixes in a separate bowl, and the remaining 1 cup frozen whipped topping. The mixture thickened.
5. Spread the pudding mixture carefully over the layer of cream cheese, then finish with a layer of cherry pie filling.
6. Gently top with frozen whipped topping, try not to drag too much cherry filling through it, then cool down for at least 1-2 hours, or until set.
7. To top with sliced walnuts when ready to serve. Slice, and take advantage.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.