What a wonderful day to make this incredible dessert! Today, I woke up with a new look on life. It is nice and sunny weather out there and what better way to spend the day sitting on the front porch and enjoying this amazing banana pudding? It’s refreshing, a total treat, so delicious, sweet, and nice. This is a great recipe; basic, and super easy to make but the result is outstanding!
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
Pinch of table salt
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
About 45 vanilla wafers, such as Nilla
8 bananas, sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 c. whole milk
6 eggs, separated
1 1/4 c. sugar
How to make Old-Fashioned Banana Pudding
1. Ready the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
2. Pour the milk into the saucepan then place it on the stove. Turn the heat to medium and simmer.
3. Beat eggs then pour them into a separate saucepan. Add about 3/4 cup of sugar and whisk until the texture turns thick. Add salt and flour and stir until all ingredients are well-mixed.
4. Combine the milk mixture and egg mixture. Mix until completely blended then put back on the stove on low heat. (Remember to mix well until smooth before bringing to a boil.) Whisk for 2 minutes until the mixture becomes creamy and thick. Once thick, add in the vanilla extract and stir until all ingredients are incorporated. Transfer into a bowl then set aside.
5. Put 1 layer of the vanilla wafers on the bottom of the 9×13 baking dish. Pour in half of the pastry cream over the top of the wafers. Arrange the bananas over the cream evenly. Place the 2nd layer of the wafers over the bananas then pour in the last of the pastry cream on top of the wafers.
6. Crack eggs and separate the yolks from the whites. Pour the egg whites in a mixer with an attached whisk. Beat on high speed until it turns creamy looking. Add in the remaining sugar 1 scoop at a time and whisk. Spread the meringue mixture over the pastry cream. (Remember to cover the entire thing and seal the edges.) Use a spatula to make curls.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until color turns a little toasted or brown. Serve and enjoy!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.