This ideal coconut cake sets the bar everywhere for home-baked cakes. For success, use cake flour, egg whites, sweet cream, and canned milk carefully. Carefully follow this recipe, and you’ll get a super moist, fluffy crumb and good coconut flavor cake.
For the Cake:
1 1/2 cups white sugar
(4) egg yolks
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Frosting:
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1/2 cup water
(4) egg whites, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
2 cups of sweetened flaked coconut, or as needed
1. Preheat oven at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease three cake pans that are 9 inches round.
2.Mix sugar, whites, and egg yolks in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer for around 5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
3. In the saucepan, heat milk and butter on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and slowly cool down.
4. In a dish, mix the flour with the baking powder then combine it to the egg mixture. Add vanilla extract and a milk mixture; beat well with an electric mixer.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until clean, 15 to 18 minutes, with a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes. Cool down in pans for 10 minutes before switching to wire racks to completely cool.
6. Meanwhile, mixing bowl and beaters thoroughly clean. Beat the egg whites and tartar cream with an electric mixer until they are foamy.
7. Put in a saucepan, sugar, and water to a boil. Boil until 242 degrees F (116 degrees C) reads a candy thermometer, for 3 to 4 minutes.
8. Beat egg whites at high velocity. Pour hot sugar mixture carefully into the side of the bowl, avoiding the beaters; continue to beat on high till stiff peaks form, 6 to 8 minutes. Add and stir vanilla extract.
9. Put a layer of refrigerated cake on a serving platter and frost the top. Repeat on the second and third cake layers, put the icing from the edges to the top of the cake. Use your hands to sprinkle coconut on top and smooth onto the side of the cake.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.