Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 10 minutes | Total: 20 minutes | Serving: 4 | Yield: 4 servings
It is a recipe that I wanted to introduce to you for almost two years, but today I am just getting to it. Some things are so good they are almost sacred, and this statement best describes these Old Fashioned Potato Cakes. Potatoes are edible tubers that are available worldwide and throughout the year. They ‘re relatively cheap to grow, nutrient-rich, and can make a delicious treat.
If you’re looking for a breakfast change of pace, try those old-fashioned potato pancakes. They were the favorite breakfast dish for my grandmother, and the recipe was passed down through the generations. Creamy mashed potatoes are among our favorite side dishes. We make them with brown butter. Spinach sometimes, and another with sweet potatoes. Try this recipe for Old Fashioned Potato Cakes, and enjoy it with your family and friends.
2 cups mashed potatoes
(1) cup all-purpose flour
(1) onion, diced
½ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp salt
½ cup vegetable oil, or as needed
1. Add and mix mashed potatoes, flour, onion, egg, black pepper, and salt in a bowl until batter consistency.
2. In a skillet, put the vegetable oil, and heat over medium heat. Drop 4-inch circles of the batter into the hot oil. Cook it until golden brown for about 5 minutes per side. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining batter.
1. I suggest using cold mashed potatoes because it’s way thicker and easier to handle than warm mashed potatoes.
2. Upon cooking, we determined the nutritional value of the frying oil based on a retention value of 10 percent. The exact quantity would depend on the cooking time and temperature, the number of ingredients, and the form of oil.
3. You can choose sour cream, new herbs, sliced onions, bacon, grilled tomatoes, tomatoes, salsa, and snips for the toppings.
Per Serving: 254.8 calories; 48.6 mg cholesterol; 627.1 mg sodium; 7.1 g protein; 45.1 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.