Prep time: 20 min | Cooking: 10 min | Additional: 6 hrs | Total: 6 hrs 30 min | Servings: 20 | Yield: 20 servings
A smooth, flavourful, Old Fashioned Potato Salad made from potatoes, eggs, mayo, mustard, celery, and spices. Great for cook-outs, picnics, and summer parties to come up. This typical salad with potatoes reminds me of the dish I grew up eating. This creamy old-fashioned potato salad renders vivid flavors using very basic ingredients.
It is the ideal side for burgers, tacos, hot dogs, steaks, chops, and ribs. It is sweet, full of flavor, and easy to bring for parties. You can create this recipe a day in advance to mix the flavors. You can incorporate bacon, ham chunks, and even chopped rotisserie chicken breast to make it feel like the main entree, rather than just a side dish.
5 lbs red potatoes, chopped
3 cups mayonnaise
2 cups finely chopped pickles
(5) eaches hard-cooked eggs, chopped
½ cup chopped red onion
½ cup chopped celery
3 tbsp prepared mustard
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp salt, or to taste
½ tsp ground black pepper
1. Add and place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain. Return potatoes to empty pot to dry while you mix the dressing. Sprinkle with salt.
2. In a large bowl, stir mayonnaise, pickles, hard-cooked eggs, red onion, celery, mustard, cider vinegar, a teaspoon salt, and pepper together. Fold potatoes into the mayonnaise mixture. Let it chill at least six hours, or overnight, before serving.
1. For variety, add (4) strips of sliced, cooked bacon, or a cup of diced ham.
2. Potato salad stays in the refrigerator for about a week, as long as it is sealed. Make sure it stays cold.
3. Old-Fashioned Potato Salad can be cooked up to one day in advance, as long as it is kept covered and cooled. The longer the ingredients have to blend, the better it tastes.
Per Serving: 338.8 calories; 53.5 mg cholesterol; 538.1 mg sodium; 4.1 g protein; 20.4 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.