Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 55 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Servings: 4
This is an incredible one-pan dish with chicken, rice, and roasted garlic. Amazingly simple to throw together, super flavorful, and convenient. One of the best one-pan meals I’ve had in years!
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb chicken (breasts, thighs, drumsticks, legs, etc.)
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 c. long grain rice
2 c. chicken broth
1 tsp oregano
1 lemon, juice, and zest
2 heads garlic, top 1/4 cut off
1 tsp olive oil
How to make One Pan Greek Lemon Chicken Rice with Roast Garlic
Step 1: In a large oven-safe pan or cast-iron skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. In the meantime, sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Once the oil is hot, place the chicken in the pan and cook for about 2 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Set the cooked chicken aside when done.
Step 2: To the no-empty pan, add the onion and saute for about 3 to 5 minutes until tender and lightly golden brown. Add in the garlic and rice and continue to cook for about a minute until aromatic. Pour in the broth and scrape up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan using a wooden spoon while the broth simmers.
Step 3: Add in the oregano and lemon, then chicken, heads of the garlic cut sides up, and drizzle with oil. Tent the pan, place in a preheated 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C oven, and roast for about 30 to 45 minutes until the rice is cooked and the garlic is tender and light golden brown.
Step 4: Remove from the oven when done, squeeze the garlic out of the heads, then stir into the rice. Over the lemon garlic rice, serve the chicken. Enjoy!
1. For more flavour and crispy skin, I recommend using skin-on and bone-in chicken. If desired, you can also use boneless and skinless chicken.
2. In 2 tbsp olive oil, juice, and zest of one lemon, 2 cloves of minced garlic, a tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper, marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes to overnight. To the pan, add the marinade with the broth and rice for a more intense flavour.
3. Before roasting, you can add slices of lemon to the pan.
4. You can separately roast the head of the garlic until the rice is cooked for approximately 20 minutes. This way, you’ll save some time.
5. Before serving, garnish with kalamata olives, crumbled feta, and chopped parsley.
Calories 430 | Fat 8.6g (Saturated 1.7g, Trans 0) | Cholesterol 87mg | Sodium 113mg | Carbs 47.4g (Fiber 2.1g, Sugars 1.7g) | Protein 38.8g
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.