This Orange cream cheese loaf is a pleasant Spring dessert made from fresh oranges and is made of cream cheese rather than butter. The loaf cake has a sweet orange glaze, then it is flavored with a fresh, squeezed orange juice and orange zest. Usually, such recipes use butter, but instead, I use that cream cheese. The cream is so delicious and nutritious. It’s great to use in recipes like this I love to spread on bagels or banana bread at home, but it is great also. It’s easy to make this lovely cake. Taking time to arrange or make ingredients does not take much. There are several essential ingredients in the cake. It has a slightly orange flavor that gives the cake a fresh pulled orange jug and an orange peel.
I highly recommend the icing of this cake by placing it on a cooling rack with paper parchment. Sprinkle the glaze with more orange zest over the cake. Wait until you put in a cake stand, then discard the paper.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
Serves: 2 (loaves)
1-8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 c shortening
1 2/3 c granulated sugar
2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 c milk
1/2 c chopped walnuts
2 Tbsp grated orange peel
1/4 c orange juice
1. Put the shortening and cream cheese, combine well.
2. Add sugar, smooth, and fluffy until light.
2. After each addition, add eggs, well beating.
4. Combine the flour, bakery powder, and salt, add the creamed mixture to the blend and finish with the flour blend. Mix well after each addition.
5. Mix in orange peel and walnuts.
6. Place batter on two 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 3-inch loaf pans, greased and floured.
7. Bake 55 minutes at 375 degrees F or until a wooden toothpick is cleaned.
8. Allow 10 minutes to cool in the pan. Sprinkle over the loaves then with orange juice. Remove from wire rack to complete the refrigeration
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.