Is it a cake or a salad? You know for yourself. This Orange Creamsicle Salad is an old-fashioned favorite. It’s been around for decades, and many versions are available. My family usually eats this on special occasions such as Thanksgiving or Christmas. It’s rich, creamy, fluffy, and delicious. Orange Creamsicle Fruit Salad is a dessert complete in a smooth pudding of strawberries, tidbits, and bananas. We all start with Cool Whip and then add additional ingredients to make them a little special. Another name for it is Dairy Salad, and the best part is when I slice into the all-mixed juicy mandarin oranges.
(1) box orange Jell-O
(1) box instant vanilla pudding
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cold water
(1) (8 oz) Cool Whip
(1) (14 oz) can mandarin oranges, drained
1 cup mini marshmallows
1. In a large bowl, add and combine orange Jell-O and boiling water. Whisk until they absorb Jell-o.
2. Add cold water to the refrigerator and require to chill for 15 minutes.
3. Slowly whisk in the vanilla pudding mix until creamy and chill for another 15-20 minutes or until thickened.
4. Cover in a Cool Whip, marshmallows, and mandarin oranges.
1. You can create your own fresh whipped cream, the only minor problem with this is that fresh whipped cream will not remain healthy for long. It melts down and quickly becomes liquid. Cold Whip holds up well with these kinds of salads, so feel free to do as you want and enjoy it. Turn the fruit up with what you prefer. Sliced grapes will be a perfect complement or substitute, or even some sliced kiwi.
2. You can add more mandarin orange if you want more flavor of orange in the salad
3. This recipe is very versatile that you can add anything you want to it as long as it complements the rest of the ingredients.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.