Prep: 30mins | Cook: 45mins | Total: 1hr 15mins | Serving: 8 | Yield: 8 servings
Peach pie with fresh peach filling is on my list of favorites to make and eat anywhere at any given time. I have a lot of childhood memory with this pie, the best one was when we visited my grandparents, my granddad and I sneak a whole pie out and drive to the nearest beach, and just enjoy the sound of the wave while listening to his life lessons.
(1) (15 oz) package of pie crust, standard-type, prepared from recipe, unbaked
(1) egg, whole, raw, fresh
5 cups Peaches, raw
2 tbsp Lemon juice, raw
½ cup wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, bleached
1 cup sugars, granulated
½ tsp spices, cinnamon, ground
¼ tsp spices, nutmeg, ground
¼ tsp salt, table
2 tbsp butter, with salt
1. Preheat the oven 450 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Prepare and line the pie crust in the bottom and sides of a 9-inch plate. Brush with some of the beaten eggs so that the dough will not get soggy later.
3. Add and place the sliced peaches in a large bowl, and sprinkle with lemon juice, mix gently. In a separate bowl, add and mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add and pour peaches over, and mix gently, then pour into the pie crust, and dot with butter. Fill with the other pie crust, then fold the edges down. Flute or press the edges with the tines of a fork dipped in egg to seal. Use and brush the remaining egg over the top of the crust. Cut several slits in the top crust to vent steam.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for an additional 30 to 35 minutes until the crust is brown and the juice begins to bubble through the vents in the preheated oven. Cover it with strips of aluminum foil about halfway through baking if the edges brown to fast. Allow cooling before serving. It tastes better warm than hot.
Per Serving: 427.8 calories; 30.9 mg cholesterol; 358.3 mg sodium; 4.7 g protein; 58.6 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.