Delicious peanut butter banana baked cups of oatmeal made from protein-packed peanut butter and naturally sweetened with bananas and just a touch of pure maple syrup. These simple cups of banana baked oatmeal are gluten-free and dairy-free, freezer-friendly, and perfect for both adults and children! They ‘re perfect for children, adults, great for snacking, friendly to the freezer and so simple to make. And I can’t help but love they ‘re packed with almost 6 g of protein to help you post-workout steam.
These oatmeal cups can be prepared in advance and stored in a jar in the refrigerator for up to a week. After they are ready to eat, just heat 20-30 seconds in the microwave.
1 heaping cup ripe mashed banana
½ cup creamy or crunchy natural peanut butter
2 tbsp of pure maple syrup, you can use honey if desired
2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten-free if desired
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
⅓ cup of dark chocolate chips, plus 2 tbsp for sprinkling on top
Optional: ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven at about 350 F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin liners and spray nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking of oatmeal cups.
2. Mix the mashed banana, peanut butter, bacon, maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla in a medium cup, until smooth and well mixed.
3. Stir in the dry ingredients next: oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; mix well. Fold it into a batter in 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips.
4. Distribute batter of oatmeal equally among the muffin liners. Sprinkle on top of the extra chocolate chips and bake for 20-25 minutes. Until serving, sprinkle with your favorite nut butter, if needed.
1. To keep dairy-free: keep sure you use a milk-free from dairy and also use chocolate chips free from dairy.
2. To freeze cups of oatmeal: simply allow them to cool fully after baking, then put them in an airtight container or reusable bag like these and freeze for up to 3 months. Once you’re ready to eat, microwave for 45 seconds-1 minute or until warm.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.