Pecan pie in a bar with bite-size, great for a crowd! These pecan pie bars have a tender shortbread crust, and all the pecan pie flavor. Best Ever Pecan Pie Bars were so amazing people are promising to pay me for it. The absolute perfect nut bar is a fabulous recipe with a caramelized pecan paste set atop a shortbread crust. Best Ever Pecan Pie Bars should take the beautiful pecan pastry and transform it into an unwavering bar. A buttery shortbread crust with a caramel pecan glaze, perfect for feeding a crowd.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3 tbsp margarine, melted
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven at about 175 degrees C (350 degrees F). Fill a 10×15 inch jellyroll tray with light grease.
2. Stir the rice, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt together in a wide pot. Cut into 1 cup of margarine, until the mixture appears like crumbs. Sprinkle the mixture over the prepared pan uniformly, and press firmly in.
3. Bake over the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
4. Prepare the filling as the crust bakes. Mix the eggs, corn syrup, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 3 tablespoons of margarine, and vanilla in a wide bowl until smooth. Add the sliced pecans. Spread the filling over the crust uniformly as soon as it emerges from the oven.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until complete. Enable the wire rack to cool down completely before slicing through bars.
1. Make sure this is all the way done. You want to be sure that the top doesn’t jiggle and if it does, make sure you bake it a little longer
2. Whether you have some leftovers afterward, you should cover them and place them in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
3. You can carry them between each layer of bars in gallon-sized freezer bags with parchment paper. They will retain for up to six months.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.