Peekaboo! This recipe deserves its name. It surprised me the first time I ate it. It was at my friend’s party. I never thought it was homemade until my friend told me it was. It was really good that even a pastry chef like myself was blown away. So, I asked for the recipe and made it at home. It was awesome! I guess it’s time for me to share this with you today. We all should enjoy this delicious treat because there is no point in keeping it to myself. Here you go! Just follow these steps to make the perfect pie! You are welcome!
1 (14-ounce) box pumpkin bread mix
1 (16-ounce) box pound cake mix
Orange food coloring
8 Tbsp. butter, 1 stick
3-1/2 cups of powdered sugar
3 Tbsp. evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup of chopped pecans (optional)
How to make Peekaboo Pumpkin Pound Cake
1. Check for the instructions indicated on the box of the pumpkin bread to mix. Add a small amount of orange food color to the mixture to get a more pumpkin color.
2. Pour the mixture into a 9×5 inch loaf pan according to the instructions on the package and bake for 8-10 minutes less than the time indicated. Put in the fridge for at least 4 hours after removing from the pan. Slice the cold pumpkin bread into large pumpkin-shaped pieces.
3. Add grease and flour into a 9×5 inch loaf pan and place the pumpkin-shaped slices in the middle part.
4. Follow the instructions on the box of the pound cake batter to mix. Spread the sliced pumpkin bread over the top of the pumpkins to cover entirely. Do not use too much pound cake batter. Follow the instructions on the box when baking. Once done, let it cool.
The brown butter pecan icing preparation:
1. In a mixing bowl, add in sugar. Melt butter and bring to a boil while stirring until it begins to look brown and the bottom and sides form a dark spot.
2. Move away from the heat and pour in the brown melted butter and fleck over the sugar. Mix in vanilla and evaporated milk. Mix until all the ingredients are incorporated and creamy. Add more evaporated milk if it’s too hard and add sugar if it’s runny. Remove baked and cooled pound cake from pan and top with brown butter icing. Add chopped pecans, if desired.
3. Remove the pound cake fro the pan and spread the brown butter icing over the top. Chop pecans and sprinkle over the top if you prefer.
4. Slice and serve! Enjoy!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.