Pumpkins remind me of Fall. It is the season where I never stop baking! And speaking of pumpkins, the first in my list is this Pumpkin Cake Cheesecake. Oh, I am a fan of cheesecakes and pumpkin pie is one of my favourites! So this is going to be a real treat; these two in one incredibly and insanely delicious cake!
I like mine drizzled in caramel sauce. Just melt one bag of caramel and a can of evaporated milk, drizzle the caramel sauce over each slice and serve. I promise it makes a whole lot of difference!
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 1/4 cup flour
16 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 large eggs
2 Tbsp. flour
4 oz cream cheese (soft)
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter (soft)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 bag walnuts (chopped)
9-inch springform pan
Electric mixer/ bowl
1. Ready the oven. Preheat to 350 degrees F.
2. Greased the springform pan with a cooking spray.
3. Set Aside.
To make the cake
1. In a large bowl, add the baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt.
2. Whisk the dry ingredients until well-blended.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk to combine the oil, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
4. Pour the wet ingredients slowly into the dry ingredients, whisking carefully to combine. Remember not to over whisk. Add the pumpkin puree while still mixing both dry and wet ingredients.
To make the cheesecake mixture
1. Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and flour. Beat on high until combined and smooth. Add and mix the vanilla.
Now, let’s make the cheesecake!
1. Spread half of the pumpkin cake batter at the bottom of the prepared pan.
2. Using a large spoon, dollop the first half of the cheesecake batter on top of the pumpkin cake batter (don’t spread or swirl, just dollop).
3. Add half of the pumpkin cake batter around the cheesecake batter. Again don’t spread, only use spoonfuls of dollops.
4. Now, add half of the cheesecake batter on top of the other layers. This time spread the cheesecake batter and use an offset spatula to even the layer.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees.
6. The cheesecake will puff up while baking (it’s normal).
7. The cake may crack as well but it will settle once it’s cooled.
8. Once the cake is done. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Then, refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours or overnight.
It’s time to frost
1. Place the cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl and beat using an electric mixer. Beat until creamy and smooth.
2. Slowly add small amounts of powdered sugar while the mixer is still on. Continue mixing until all ingredients are well-mixed.
3. Add and mix the vanilla.
4. Pour the whole milk and mix again.
5. Remove the cake from the springform pan. Carefully run a thin knife around the cake, then release the ring of the pan.
6. Spread first the frosting around the sides of the cheesecake, moving to the top. Frost evenly.
7. Place the chopped walnuts on the sides of the cake until completely covered.
8. Cover the cheesecake. Place in the refrigerator until it is ready to serve.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.