If you have never before had an icebox cake, you are missing out. It is a dessert that layers graham crackers or cookies with a creamy pudding or custard if you’ve never eaten or made an icebox cake before. You refrigerate the cake when all the layers are in order, and you must remove some of the moisture from the pudding by graham crackers. They are soft and sponge-like, producing a no-bake cake with distinct layers and a gorgeous texture comparison. It is a delicious dessert that replenishes our thirst for those hot summer days.
(24) graham crackers, crushed
⅓ cup butter
¼ cup packed brown sugar
(1) (6 oz) package raspberry flavored Jell-O® mix
1 cup boiling water
15 ounces frozen raspberries
(20) large marshmallows
⅓ cup milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
1. Preheat oven at about 175 degrees C (350 degrees F).
2. Mix the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and brown sugar until mix well. For a topping, set aside 1/4 cup of this mixture and press the rest into one 9×13 inch pan.
3. Bake for 10 minutes at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Set aside to cool.
4. In boiling water, dissolve the raspberry gelatin and add the frozen raspberries, stirring until it melts. Chill until the wafer base is partially set.
5. Melt milk with the marshmallows. When cool, fold and spread over the raspberry mixture in whipped cream.
6. Sprinkle with crumbs leftover. Chill before serving for 3–4 hours.
1. Use different varieties of boxed puddings such as cheesecake or lemon, or even chocolate graham crackers can customize the flavors. It would be wonderful to pick strawberries or blueberries too. I loved the tang that the raspberries brought to this sweet, creamy blend.
2. It’s also a great idea to line the pan with parchment paper, plastic wrap or tinfoil so you can lift it out and cut squares when you’re ready to slice the cake.
Per Serving: 294.8 calories; 23.8 mg cholesterol; 235.2 mg sodium; 3.6 g protein; 49.4 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.