Prep: 20 min | Cook: 1hr 10mins | Total: 1hr 30min | Serving: 8 | Yield: 8 servings
Scalloped Potatoes was one of my favorite food that my mom would make to us when I was a child. It was kind of love work, as you know, the peeling and the slicing. My mom loves to make this when we were a child, and she used to serve this to my cousins too. She said that my dad is not a fan of anything mashed because he thinks that food is for children, and on the other hand, my mom loves mashed potatoes. Thanks to my father, my mom was able to find this recipe that we all enjoy until now.
It is the perfect potato casserole ever. These baked garlic scalloped potatoes are the ideal substitution for over-mashed potatoes. Move over mashed potatoes-one of my favorite ways to eat potatoes is this baked garlic scalloped potato recipe. And still so flexible. We flavored this recipe with cheese and garlic, but you can add bacon, thyme, rosemary, and even bay leaf to give some extra flavor to your version.
(1) (19 oz) can RTS Home Cookin’Soup Potato w/Rstd Gar CAM
½ cup cream, fluid, heavy whipping
1 tsp spices, thyme, dried
1 tsp spices, pepper, black
(6) large potatoes, raw
2 ½ cups Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a blender, combine soup, cream, thyme, and pepper, blend until smooth. In the bottom of a 9×13 inch casserole dish, spread a thin layer of the mixture. Layer potatoes with cheese, ending with potatoes and reserving 1/2 cup cheese. Pour the soup mixture over potatoes and add and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
3. Bake for 70 minutes in the preheated oven.
1. If you can, slice the potatoes evenly to ensure it cooks evenly.
2. When the scalloped potatoes are to be frozen, the potatoes must be removed from the oven before they finish cooking to preserve their texture. When the potatoes are frozen, you may want to thaw them in the fridge or bake them frozen
Per Serving: 410.9 calories; 58.8 mg cholesterol; 875.8 mg sodium; 13.5 g protein; 45.6 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.