You guys … This elegant and unbelievably delicious Shrimp Fettuccine with Roasted Pepper Sauce will blow off your socks … If I have to choose one dish to have for dinner every single night for the rest of my life, I think I ‘d pick this recipe over anything.
I still prefer seafood and my husband does so. He loves fishing, and he tries to catch something for dinner whatever chance he gets. We stay away from farmed seafood, as it contains a lot of harmful contaminants. So, when searching for wild-caught shrimp at my local Sam’s Club, I found this Wild Caught Argentine Red Shrimp. This Shrimp Fettuccine with Roasted Pepper Sauce, rich and creamy, hearty and so flavourful, tastes better than a restaurant-cooked meal.
1/2 package uncooked Fettuccine pasta
2 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
16 oz. jar roasted bell peppers
3 tbsp. butter
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 tbsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (or to taste)
3/4 cup Half & Half
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
chopped parsley to garnish
salt to taste
1. Bring to a boil a large pot of water and cook the fettuccine as instructed by the box. Drain with cold water, and set aside.
2. In the meantime, put your roasted pepper in a food processor or bullet blender together with liquid from the jar and purée smoothly.
3. Heat a large stick-free pot. Add butter, shrimp, paprika, and flakes of red pepper and cook on high heat during 3-4 minutes. Add salt and garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
4. Remove shrimp from the pot, rising heat to small. Attach the roasted pepper to the same saucepan. Stirring constantly, cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add Half and Half and Parmesan and cook 1 minute more. Turn the heat off.
6. Remove the shrimp and add the fettuccine to the pot. Mix well.
7. Add freshly chopped parsley and parmesan grated cheese to garnish.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.